I'm at work. (yes I do work in between my Art-Terrorist activity)
Lat year's cohort of 240 students have been signed off.
I'm preparing for the next academic year.
- World Cup starts this afternoon.
- Summer's here.
- Students have gone.
- Austrian holiday in two weeks.
My task today is to book an international study trip for 80 students in January 2011
I have shortlisted destinations to New York 5 days (3 nights) or Barcelona 4 days (3 nights)
I have taken students to both destinations before and personally love then equally (the destinations, not the students). Here are the pros and cons:
New York Pros:
- Fantastic city; easy to navigate; lot's of art galleries; cheap food and shopping; only mature students and resourceful pre-21s can drink alcohol; they speak a form of English.
- Expensive for students @ around £600-00 pp; Long flights; Hideous U.S. Customs/Staff; Alcohol expensive (For staff).
- Cheap for students @ around £290.00 pp; short flights; fantastic city; Gaudi everywhere; lot's of galleries; Picasso; Miro; Dali; Sagrada Familia; the beach.
- All students can drink alcohol; Accommodation is so poor it's hilarious; Muggings (seriously! even though I warned them, students were mugged on 3 separate occasions- not the same students you understand and all without violence fortunately); they speak Catalan, very well; Dali.
I thank you in advance.